15 Things To Do With Your Kids When You’re Stuck At Home
DISCLOSURE: Note that this blog post may contain affiliate links. Meaning, should you click on the links, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more, please click here.
Finding things to do with your kids when you’re stuck at home can feel overwhelming.
If you’re looking for ways to keep your little ones entertained while you’re all stuck at home, this post is for you!
This post will give you some ideas for passing the time at home and it includes fun activities to keep your children busy! The suggestions below are fun and many of them are even educational.
Check out the list below and let me know what you like to do with your little ones when you’re stuck at home.
Toddler and/or Kid-Friendly Activities To Do At Home
- Make binder with learning activities for your toddler to enjoy. (Check out our learning activity printables to get you started or check out the blog post below for more tips!)
3. Do some art! Chances are you’ve got some art supplies around the house, so now is the time to get creative! If you need some ideas, check out this blog post all about toddler art supplies and order what you need for delivery from Amazon.
4. Get crafty and make this super fun pom pom color-matching activity for your toddler! It is super simple to make and it will be educational for your little one. Once you’re able to get out of the house, it will also make a great activity to throw in your bag for on-the-go!
5. Make a sensory bottle! The sensory bottle that I wrote about below doesn’t contain any liquid, so you won’t need to use hand soap or hand sanitizer to make it.
In fact, you could make a sensory bottle with items from around the house or your yard and use a bottle that is already in your recycling! Older toddlers would love to help make this project!
6. Get down on the floor and play with your toddler and their existing toys.
So many of us are super busy during our daily life and we don’t always have the opportunity to just get down on the floor and play with our children and their toys. As we are all stuck at home, this could be a great opportunity to get in that quality time!
7. Bake! If you have an older toddler or child, you could take this extra home time to do some baking. Whether you use that boxed cake mix that’s been hanging out in the closet or you make one from scratch, I’m sure your little ones will love making something delicious in the kitchen.
8. For your older children, do some educational activities. In the blog post below, I outlined how we kept our fifth grader learning while she was on summer break!
10. Camp in your living room! If you have a tent in your garage, pop that baby up in your living room and have a camp out. This would be an amazing way to create memories with your little ones while stuck at home. You could use YouTube for nature sounds to make it even more realistic!
11. Play board games! Amazon has a huge selection of games that are great for a variety of ages.
12. Read together! If you’ve got older children, now may be the perfect time to start reading books like Harry Potter out loud as a family! And, if you have younger children, grab those picture books and get to reading! If you need new ones, here are some great options on Amazon.
13. Do some planting! If you’ve got a yard, now may be a great time to spend some time gardening.
Don’t have a yard?
Plant some small plants inside! Add your gardening items to your next grocery shopping trip or order from Amazon.
14. Have a dance party. My toddler and my sixth grader love watching YouTube music videos and having dance parties!
15. As of the time this post is published, you can listen to children’s audiobooks on Audible for free! (Please note that this offer can expire at any time!)
I hope this list was helpful! Let me know in the comments below how you keep your little ones busy while spending time at home!